Sunday, November 06, 2005

Holy Crap that is a LOT of Cookies



So I made a few cookies. Pft. That is an understatement. I bought a pound of butter and tried to see just how many cookies I could make with it, using whatever I had lying around. (All of these came from the new Martha "Special Issue" by the way) These first ones were Oatmeal Applesauce with Maple Icing. Fabulous stuff that Maple Icing. I wish I had come up with it. Just pure maple syrup and powdered sugar. Yum! I used 1-Minute Oatmeal instead of the Old Fashioned Oats it called for, and dark raisins instead of golden. Still came out perfectly. Continued...




Next are some Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies. These are my absolute new favorite thing. They called for white chocolate chips, but I only had semi-sweet. This picture does not do them justice at all. They are FABULOUS.






Lastly came the Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing. This was recently in one of the Living magazines, and I was mostly intrigued by the Brown Butter Icing. It has a really interesting flavor. The cookies are really cakey, almost like a firm pumpkin bread.

What was hilarious about it was I never thought I would make that many cookies. It was like I was possesed. I was IMing various people saying

"Ummmm.... I think I just made 6 dozen cookies... for no reason... is that normal?"

I think the consensus was "no"






3 comments:

Ziz said...

that IS A LOT of cookies! :) Good lord girl! :D

Mona said...

Those look awesome :) And love the title of your blog...reminds me of Good Will Hunting. Found you off my friend AliCat's site. Hope you're havin a fabulous weekend!

s'kat said...

I'll bet your neighbors will be glad to see you coming!!